The Magick Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Magick Circle

This site contains discussions of Occult, Magick and Esoteric study, it includes but is not limited to: Magick, Spellcraft, Witchcraft, Alchemy, Paranormal, Shamanism, Metaphysics, ESP, Astral Projection, Astrology, Theosophy, New Age, Divination, Tarot,

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatter
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Rules and Advice for Music Talk

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phoenix
Admin
Admin
Phoenix

Rules and Advice for Music Talk Empty
PostSubject: Rules and Advice for Music Talk   Rules and Advice for Music Talk I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Welcome to Music Talk
Rules and Advice

1. When making new topics (most commonly, topics about your favorite artists) you should have some actual content in the topic.

* You can say why you like or dislike a certain artist or band with valid reasons, or at least some kind of reason!
* Topics that consist of "I like em" or "do you like them?" are not quality topics and will most likely be locked. The only exception to this is if a decent conversation has begun, then I will leave it open.
* If you really like an artist, it should not be hard to have content in the topics you make.

2. There's nothing wrong with people who say certain bands or artists suck!

* Prepare to take some criticism! Depending on your views, you might be criticized for liking a certain band or artist.
* Most people here like a variety of music, and most have opinions which are valid.
* If you really like an artist but others don't, you can defend your views just as well. If they are attacking you personally, then that is a different story.
* Look on the bright side: You can, and probably will, find new quality artists and bands that you will love here in Music Talk!

3. Use the correct and existing topics for certain subjects!

* Look to see if there are other existing active topics before making your own topic on the same subject.
* There are certain topics that are dedicated to certain subjects, and those topics are generally where all of that discussion should be located.
* Most of the regulars in those topics are very knowledgeable and music loving. Some examples of those topics are: "The New Heavy Metal Topic" and "Guitars."
* Feel free to try and make your own topic, maybe dedicated to a certain type of music you love, but it will take a lot of work (and also people who like that kind of music) to stay strong.

4. No Spamming!

* This is a general forums rule, and it should be noted in here as well.
* A warning will be given out if I see large amounts spam in Music Talk topics. If it continues, it may result in that topic being locked!

5. No Flaming!

* Please don't take personal shots at people or any other kind of useless flaming.
* I know many of us are passionate about music, and you can by all means argue about music, but no flaming.

6. No Warez!

* This is also a Magick Circle rule, and it is enforced here.
* This includes pirated music, software, movies, etc.

If you have any questions or comments regarding anything about Music Talk, feel free to PM me.

I thought a new set of detailed and updated rules would be good to have (especially for any new people) here. This is one of my favorite places to visit on the forums because I love music, and I know many of you share the same feelings as me. Enjoy your stay in Music Talk!

Back to top Go down
http://metallica.com/

Rules and Advice for Music Talk
Page 1 of 1