The Magick Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Magick Circle

This site contains discussions of Occult, Magick and Esoteric study, it includes but is not limited to: Magick, Spellcraft, Witchcraft, Alchemy, Paranormal, Shamanism, Metaphysics, ESP, Astral Projection, Astrology, Theosophy, New Age, Divination, Tarot,

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatter
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Hoodoo purification

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shadow

Shadow

Hoodoo purification Empty
PostSubject: Hoodoo purification   Hoodoo purification I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 9:56 pm

Hoodoo purification

As in others magickal traditions so in Hoodoo conjure it is very important that practitioner is pure ( of negativity , sin and alike ) prior to ritual work or simply to set him&herself free of any sort of energies disagreeable with Him&Her .

Best way to purify ones body and mind is a spiritual bath and recipes can be as simple as pouring Florida water into bathing water , or brewing complex herbal infusions prior to this .
Either way we add this to bathtub and lay still relaxing for approximately 20 minutes . You may bless the water prior to this , and for that You can use Your words of power or this simple chant

[i]Blessed be creature of water , Oh Blessed be
From all iniquity and evil set me free
By Earth, Wind , Fire and Sea
By the power of the three
As I will it
So mote it be
!
[/i]( this is something I came up with and does not mean those are the only words You can use of course )

If You like Latin try this I tend to use occasionally

Beata aqua fiat , omni mala purgat !

Here are few Voodoo-Hoodoo recipes that can be used for purification baths

Purification bath 1

- egg shells crushed
- marine salt
- dried basil leaf

Add all in equal amounts in a pouch to a tub full of hot water or brew till boil in 1liter of spring water and add to bathtub .

Purification bath 2

- basil sprig
- tablespoon of sage
- a pinch of bloodroot
- quartz crystal essence
- spoon of Holy water or Florida water

If You want to however consecrate an item or use it in purification rite or spell I suggest using some of following oil

Purification oil no 1

Base of almond oil 10ml
Add 4 drops of hyssop e oil
2 drops of lemongrass ( if You happen to lack the same exchange it with basil or lemon but only If You can not obtain lemongrass )
3 drops of camphor

Purification oil 2

- Holy Church oil as base 10ml
- Cedar oil 5 drops
- Pine oil 5 drops

Purification oil No 3

• eucalyptus leafs
• pine needles
• lemon juice or oil but You ca use lemon rind too , in fact it is best to do so , a teaspoon of it ( less than half a table spoon if using juice )
• aquamarine stone ( place in bottle )
• pinch of salt
• All in some jojoba oil or castor oil

Leave it stay for a Moon cycle ( recipe by Me )

If You would like to purify a room make a Cross sign with a lit with or beeswax candle while reciting soothing psalm like 48th .
After which You can utter a personal prayer . Something like this :

Oh Divine, Bless this space , and all that dwell inside , cleanse it from negativity and all tricks of crafty Fiends , and may this be a blessed space by Your Holiest Presence and attention , and fill it with abundance and joy. Keep it safe and may Your Angels protect it always . Amen !

( not official prayer , but a personal prayer I like to use )

If a room where You sleep is filled with heavy atmosphere use a floor wash ( another hoodoo form of purification ) made by adding,salt and mint infusion into bowl of spring water . Than make a cross sign over that . Wash Your floor with this .
To cleanse an sleeping room from spells , trick and hexes use this method

1.Open all doors , windows , Sprinkle the room with salt and Holy Water

Recite the following prayer ( an immensely powerful Orthodox prayer against all sorts of evil )

Prayer to the Holy Cross
Let God arise and let His enemies be scattered; and let those who hate Him flee from His presence. As smoke vanishes, let them vanish; and as wax melts from the presence of fire, so let demons perish from the presence of those who love God and who sign themselves with the sign of the Cross and say in gladness: Hail, most precious and life-giving Cross of the Lord, for Thou drivest away the demons by the power of our Lord Jesus Christ crucified on thee, Who went down to hades and trampled on the power of the devil, and gave us thee, his venerable Cross, for driving away all enemies. O most precious and life-giving Cross of the Lord, help me, with our Holy Lady, the Virgin Mother of God, and with all the Saints throughout the ages. Amen.

3. Sprinkle once again room with salt and Holy Water .
4 . Read the Psalm 76th and while doing so ring a bell every few second esspecialy taking care to do it on corners and under furniture ( If You do not have a bell use had clapping )
5. Sprinkle the room once again with Holy water and salt . It is done.

To cleanse and object used for rites or atmosphere use the following incense

- frankincense 3 parts
- 1 part sage
- One part juniper or cedar

This could also be used to clean rooms or houses , when doing so make sure to open all windows and doors .

Another incense for same purpose calls for equal amounts of frankincense , benzoin and myrrh mixed and burned . Blessed be !
Back to top Go down

Hoodoo purification
Page 1 of 1