The Magick Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Magick Circle

This site contains discussions of Occult, Magick and Esoteric study, it includes but is not limited to: Magick, Spellcraft, Witchcraft, Alchemy, Paranormal, Shamanism, Metaphysics, ESP, Astral Projection, Astrology, Theosophy, New Age, Divination, Tarot,

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatter
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Curious little herbal curio

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shadow

Shadow

Curious little  herbal curio Empty
PostSubject: Curious little herbal curio   Curious little  herbal curio I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 3:28 pm

Quabbalah uses herbs , but as pretty much anything that has to do with Quabbalah practical side is more less a mystery.

We find examples of herbal and oil use in Old Testament, When Moses is given the anointing recipe by G'd himself
Here is the passage that reffers to it

The Lord spoke to Moses: Exodus 30:22-25
Take the finest spices of liquid myrrh
five hundred shekels,
and of sweet-smelling cinnamon half as much,
that is, two hundred fifty,
and two hundred fifty of aromatic cana,
and five hundred of cassia -
measured by the sanctuary shekel -
and a hin of olive oil,
and you shall make of these a sacred anointing oil
blended as by the perfumer;
it shall be a holy anointing oil.

But I wanna introduce You to something You might have read in foctional book Necronomicon. As book itself (majorly ) info on the subject I will elaborate here is not trustworthy

AGLAPOHOTIS is one of the very most powerful exorcism and expelling substances in magick
It is not a herb , as commonly considered but a powder made of same . Now herb that is used as source is indeed debatable subject. However majority of occult experts shall agree that herb used is Peony ( Paeonia officinalis ) as described by Dioscorides, and he would "prescribe" it against demons, witchcraft and fever.

Others say it might be a resin of Persian Peony .

According to my online friend from Egypt , various herbs of Paeonicae family and genera Paeonnia , were used to make this herbal , by powdering it's root and red flower petals ( flower must be red ! ) . It can then be mixed with Holy water and some salt or sugar to make pearls that can be swallowed by need .My source also said that most commonly used is European peony but that it is not a rule .

Even today this substance is believed to expel demons and counters and vanquishes any form of harmful sprits or magick.

This "curio" is commonly used in popular culture, games , movies and such , but sadly discarded by bare mention by many occult experts, which just really points to their lack of knowledge on the topic.
If You know more, please reply .

Curious little  herbal curio Paeonia_officinalis_officinalis0

Paeonia officinaliis varietes rubra , one of the most suspected sources of Aglaophotis , European poppy ( red )
Back to top Go down

Curious little herbal curio
Page 1 of 1