The Magick Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Magick Circle

This site contains discussions of Occult, Magick and Esoteric study, it includes but is not limited to: Magick, Spellcraft, Witchcraft, Alchemy, Paranormal, Shamanism, Metaphysics, ESP, Astral Projection, Astrology, Theosophy, New Age, Divination, Tarot,

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatter
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Hoodoo blessings and conescrations

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shadow

Shadow

Hoodoo blessings and conescrations Empty
PostSubject: Hoodoo blessings and conescrations   Hoodoo blessings and conescrations I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 6:05 pm

Hoodoo blessings and consecrations

Ok as in many magickal traditions blessings come in Hoodoo too .
Most of the times it is to bless and object but sometimes also a sick person , child est
Rotworkers shall bless even graveyard dirt with Holy water , and there are many more examples .

One rule , conjurers office ( or sacred space If You will ) and his altar and all that is placed upon the same must always be cleansed and blessed with Holy water . After that it is good to smudge them with soothing incense like sandalwood or frankincense known for their properties to sanctify area and “raise spiritual vibrations and provides blessing , consecration and favor of higher entities” . Another great incense used for same purpose ( blessing , consecration, purification ) is Myrrh . According to Ray T Malbrough Myrrh also has very strong curse reversing and breaking properties, uncrossing and unjinxing , but it is also used widely for consecration .

Another form of blessings and consecrations are incenses , oils , prayers , psalms and other , that are used to attract something that is in terms of common social acceptance
Regarded as good or positive . Like Successes , Health , Power , Money , Being noticed and other . More on some in my following work.

We can also consecrate general magickal tools , and items we use like dolls, puppets , gris gris ( aka mojo bags , or conjure bags ) .

Dolls and puppets are consecrated by baptism rite , which I will explain in part on doll and puppets magick .

Gris giries ( pronounced gree gree ) are consecrated by blessing them via means of personal prayer or elements ( since being eclectic I use both , but note that Conjurers were not familiar with the concept of elementalism up until relatively recently , still today many conjurers shall use elemental or even planetary oils )

Here is an example of how elemental blessing could look like

Take the item You wish to consecrate ( for example talisman , or mojo bag )

Move it through the candle flame few times or dress ( anoint with oil ) saying

Blessed be with powers of Fire thou creature of art , so mote it be !

Now smudge it with incense ( frankincense works very well ) saying

Blessed be with powers of Air thou creature of art , so mote it be !

Sprinkle it with some salt , say

Blessed be with powers of Earth , thou creature f art , so mote it be !

Sprinkle with some Holy or consecrated water , saying

Blessed be with powers of Water thou creature of art , so mote it be !

Hold it in hand for some time envisioning the object wrapped and infused with soothing white light , or light colored corresponding to Your need ( red – power , love , fire , blue mind , protection , healing , yellow knowledge , traveling , intelligence , communication and so on )
It is done .

If it is a gris gris it should be anointed with oil or tincture on weekly basis.

How to bless water and salt ? Here is a very useful ritual I have found In Dion Fortune’s book
“Psychic self-defense” which I strongly recommend any serious occult practitioner , regardless on tradition or system to obtain

I. (Pointing the first and second fingers at the salt) I exorcise thee creature of salt by the living God (+) by the holy God (+) by the omnipotent God (+) that thou mayst be purified of all evil influences in the Name of Adonai, Who is Lord of Angels and of men.
I. (Extending the hand over the salt) Creature of earth, adore thy Creator. In the Name of God the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth and of Jesus Christ his son, our Savior, I consecrate thee (+) to the service of God, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. Amen
I. (Pointing the first and second fingers over the water) I exorcise thee creature of water by the living God (+) by the holy God (+) by the omnipotent God (+) that thou mayst be purified of all evil influences in the Name of Elohim Saboath, Who is Lord of Angels and of men.
I. (Extending the hand over the water) Creature of water, adore thy Creator. In the Name of God the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth and of Jesus Christ his son, our Savior, I consecrate thee (+) to the service of God, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. Amen
I. (Casting the salt into the water) We pray Thee, O God, Lord of the Heaven and Earth, and all that in them is both visible and invisible, that thou mayest stretch forth the right hand of the Power upon those creatures of the elements and hallow them in thy Holy Name. Grant that this salt may make for health of body and this water for health of the soul, and that there may be banished from this place where they are used every power of adversity and every illusion and artifice of evil, for the sake of Jesus Christ, our Savior. Amen
I. The water thus consecrated may be used as a bath, or for the making the sign of the cross upon the forehead, or for sprinkling about the place. When using it, the following prayer may be employed:
I. In the Name which is above every other name and in the power of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, I exorcise all influences and seeds of evil; I lay upon them the spell chains and cast into the outer darkness that they may not trouble the servants of God

To bless a home ( to make it lucky )Sprinkle Your home with Holy Water and Salt
Burn the following incense :
Equal parts of Frankincense. Myrrh and Sandalwood with addition of some red rose petals ( for love ) , some white rose petals ( for peace in home ) and some patchouli and Chamomile ( for money and abundance )
Read Psalm 61st
Blessing oil ( recipe by me )
Mix
-frankincense grains ,
-chamomile ,
-lavender ,
- sandalwood oil,
top it with base oil . Place a small piece of citrine in each bottle . Add few drops of lavender essential oil to each bottle .

Power oil ( by Ray T Malbrough )

to bless You with power and spiritual awareness , spiritual power etc
Frankincense resins , lemon rind , mix equally , two table spoons to two oz of base oil , best use almond oil
To bless another
Get a white candle -- either a plain one (offertory, pillar, or taper) or a figural one in the gender of the person you want to bless. Carve the person's full name on the candle, then dress it with Blessing Oil or Holy Oil.

For more power, you may place a name-paper of the person, or a photo, or some personal item of theirs (such as a bit of hair or a snippet of clothing) either under the candle or next to it. One easy way to do this is to place the paper or personal concerns under an overturned saucer and put the candle on top of the saucer.

Burn a portion of the candle every day for seven days, pinching it out between burnings. As you light it each day, say this

[Name], may you be blessed

May all good things come to you
May nothing whatsoever harm you

May your heart be light
May your travels be safe
May your health be good
May your mind be sound
May your friendships sustain you

May you be blessed in every way

* If you have a special request for this person (such as that they find a lover, get a good job, come home safely from a war, or whatever), just add it to the list.

Some people use a large pillar-type candle and keep it going for longer than seven days. They may make a habit of burning such a candle every day -- or once a week, on Sundays ? for as long as their friend or relative needs help, even doing so for months at a time. If the candle is large and it is to be burned in this way, it should be re-dressed with Blessing Oil or Holy Oil once a week: after the initial dressing, you can drop a tiny bit of oil into the "well" or hole in such a large candle just before lighting it each time
Back to top Go down

Hoodoo blessings and conescrations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Magick Circle :: Magick :: Hoodoo-
Jump to: