The Magick Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Magick Circle

This site contains discussions of Occult, Magick and Esoteric study, it includes but is not limited to: Magick, Spellcraft, Witchcraft, Alchemy, Paranormal, Shamanism, Metaphysics, ESP, Astral Projection, Astrology, Theosophy, New Age, Divination, Tarot,

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatter
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

IS there such a thing as Christian magick

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shadow

Shadow

IS there such a thing as Christian magick Empty
PostSubject: IS there such a thing as Christian magick   IS there such a thing as Christian magick I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:45 pm

Christian magick

IS there such a thing as Christian magick 430_Crossam_Thumb

Faith ( relligion ) and Magick are sibilings , in my oppinion.
Many ( especially ) catholic Christians would say there is no such a thing as Christian magick and called me a blesshamper for only writing these lines .

However they could be easily proven wrong .

When a Christian sets down , lights a candle and starts to pray it is magick . He is referring to his Deity , sending him a petition , helped by candle as a focus or amplificatory tool or item .

When he keeps cross hung on chain near bed for protection that is magick . He used Cross as an amulet not because he considers it a lucky symbol , fetish If You will , but an object of power , a relic that through history justified it’s power among the believers .

When a person of faith sprinkles room with Holy water , When an Orthodox priest blesses the great amount of water for 19.th of January ( a Christian Orthodox holiday known as God’s appearance ) , a mass , incense , robes all those are magick , and I could go on .

There are plenty of systems based on Christianity and I will just name a few here :

- Christian Wicca – a magickal system and a religion that adopted elements of Christianity and included them in Wicca teachings and belief system . Christian Wicca is a syncretism of Christianity and Wicca which uses the organizational and festival framework of Wicca while professing belief in the teachings of Jesus [1]
- Rose Cross teachings are based on Christianity and Quabbalah , and considered a most suitable system of Higher magick for a practitioner that considers himself a Christian by religion

- Hoodoo a folk magick based on mixture of Voodun and Christianity , with some additional influence of Quabbalah and American Indian practice . Conjurers most powerful tool is considered to be the Bible in Hoodoo , and Holy cards are something every Hoodoo two headed doctor has .

- Santeria also , much like Hoodoo is strongly influenced by Christianity .

- Christian Quabbalah , Quabbalah that incorporates Christian beliefs in Lors Jesus Christ as son of G’d

- Balkanic or Slavic witchcraft is a folk system that kept Midleage magickal eclectic type of practice , but also has quite some spells and procedures that invoke powers of Christian Saints , Angels or G’d and Holy Virgin Mary Herself ( respectfully )
Christian influence is particularly strong in Russia .

IS there such a thing as Christian magick Istockphoto_6953868-candle-with-cross-series
Back to top Go down

IS there such a thing as Christian magick
Page 1 of 1