The Magick Circle

This site contains discussions of Occult, Magick and Esoteric study, it includes but is not limited to: Magick, Spellcraft, Witchcraft, Alchemy, Paranormal, Shamanism, Metaphysics, ESP, Astral Projection, Astrology, Theosophy, New Age, Divination, Tarot,

PortalHomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inChatter
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

"Divination for beginners" - Scott Cunningham

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phoenix
Admin
Admin
Phoenix

"Divination for beginners" - Scott Cunningham Empty
PostSubject: "Divination for beginners" - Scott Cunningham   "Divination for beginners" - Scott Cunningham I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 5:15 am

The book is a collection of the various forms we use to call upon our abilities to foretell events and has some history associated with these various styles and tools. Divination is explored in various cultures and with various tools.
Certainly, the best part of the book is the first chapter, providing you useful information regarding time, symbolism and future modification.

Though not the best book on this subject it is a very good starting point to learning these arts.

IMHO, I have to say everyone has some psychic ability. Tarot and Pendulums are merely tools to tap into our Higher Selves. Basically we use our intuition to reveal events past, present and, future. This book will give you some ideas about how to do this.

There are some good books that use these tools also for magic such as Tarot & Magick by Kraig Huna a Beginner's Guide by Enid Hoffman (actually I recommend all of Enid Hoffman's book to anyone interested in Psychic abilities.)

skywatchr
Moderators
Moderators
skywatchr

"Divination for beginners" - Scott Cunningham Empty
PostSubject: Just adding to the definition of Divination   "Divination for beginners" - Scott Cunningham I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:31 am

The word "divination" suggests contact with divinity, implying by it's very name
that only divine or godlike spirits can respond once invocation is made.
This is not necessarily true.

Practicing any form of divination is like opening the inner door to your own subconscious mind. Once that door is open, anything can enter, whether positive or negative in nature.
The key to handling this is to protect yourself, and to remember that the most important part of protection
is in preparation and intent.

Their are many tools used in divination: Tarot, Runes, Scrying, Palmistry, Astrology, I-Ching,
and many others. It may seem confusing to choose a tool.
What you need to remember here is that these are just tools.
They are designed to put things in focus for you, the true power is
inside you and your mind

I would suggest you just try them all and pick the one that is most comfortable for you.
Back to top Go down

"Divination for beginners" - Scott Cunningham
Page 1 of 1