The Magick Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Magick Circle

This site contains discussions of Occult, Magick and Esoteric study, it includes but is not limited to: Magick, Spellcraft, Witchcraft, Alchemy, Paranormal, Shamanism, Metaphysics, ESP, Astral Projection, Astrology, Theosophy, New Age, Divination, Tarot,

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatter
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Meditation Techniques

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoenix
Admin
Admin
Phoenix

Meditation Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Meditation Techniques   Meditation Techniques I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:04 am

I thought* I would start a thread for those needing some direction on Meditation. Some time ago I was reading some work by* Wiccan author Raymond Buckland in his book titled
" The Big Book "

In one of the chapters he explains the no one really knows how to meditate that they skip the basics and get right to the practice and miss out on the whole experience.

In the chapter Mr Buckland suggests not to meditate on a full stomach but not really be fasting but before you begin too have a glass of water to get the energy flowing, the electricity in the body flowing, get in a comfortable position with minimal restrictions to the body what ever that may be sitting in a chair, or lying on the floor and begin relaxing the feet, wiggle the the toes, moving up the legs to the calves focusing on relaxing the calves moving up to each part of the body. Release all the tension in the shoulders moving down the arms relaxing the arms hands and fingers, bring the attention to the neck and relax the neck and the head

The next process has to do with cleansing the body of air, stale air.

Take a couple of deep breaths in through the nose and exhale completely through the mouth for three times push the air completely from the diaphragm.

This part is one part and works both the right and left side of the nostrils and you can use the thumb and the middle finger for this.

What ever hand you use place a finger closing off one of the nostrils inhale through the nostril that is open fully filling the diaphragm first and then filling the upper chest, close the now open nostril by placing the finger on it and exhale completely through the now open nostril.

Now with the nostril you just exhale through inhale as done before, again filling the diaphragm and then the lungs.

Do each side three times alternating each side

Place your hands at your sides or on your lap in a relaxed position now inhale through both nostrils filling the diaphragm and then the lungs and forcefully blow the air forcefully out of the lungs and diaphragm again for three times and settle in for the meditation

As you begin your meditation you might feel a buzzing sensation this is normal

After this begin your meditation for about 15 to 20 minutes your body might need to get used to the sensations, after a week or so you may want to increase the time you meditate, after some time this will be done in a snap as is this a ritual in it's self.
Back to top Go down
http://metallica.com/
Gurby

Meditation Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meditation Techniques   Meditation Techniques I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 3:23 pm

I don't mean to step on anyones toes, but as I learned it. the point of single nostril breathing was to get your conciousness on your breathing,til it is natureral to breath in the controlled fasion. it comes very easy.. trust me...
Back to top Go down

Meditation Techniques
Page 1 of 1