The Magick Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Magick Circle

This site contains discussions of Occult, Magick and Esoteric study, it includes but is not limited to: Magick, Spellcraft, Witchcraft, Alchemy, Paranormal, Shamanism, Metaphysics, ESP, Astral Projection, Astrology, Theosophy, New Age, Divination, Tarot,

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatter
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Full Moon Ritual

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stacey/Cirrius
Admin
Admin
Stacey/Cirrius

Full Moon Ritual Empty
PostSubject: Full Moon Ritual   Full Moon Ritual I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 1:58 am

Cast the circle.

Bless yourself (or each other) with oil and salt water.

Invoke the watchtowers:

East: Hail to thee Guardians of the watchtower of the East, the powers of Water. Bright rivers of inspiration and love, flow into my heart, ebb into my life, and shower me with your power. I call upon you to protect this circle and aid in our work. So Mote It Be.

South: Hail to thee Guardians of the watchtower of the South, the powers of Air. Winds of change and creativity, blow into my mind, breathe new ideas, and swift be your power. I call upon you to protect this circle and aid in our work. So Mote It Be.

West: Hail to thee Guardians of the watchtower of the West, the powers of Fire. Courageous flame of transformation, ignite my will, spark my desire, and let my heart burn with your power. I call upon you to protect this circle and aid in our work. So Mote It Be.

North: Hail to thee Guardians of the watchtower of the North, the powers of Earth. Rocks of solid determination, nurture us, give us firm foundations and unlimited sustenance; and let us feel your quiet power. I call upon you to protect this circle and aid in our work. So Mote It Be.

It is time now to invite the Lord and Lady to join you. This is an appropriate time to read the "Charge of the Goddess" or some other poetry that you like. You can also simply invite them by saying what your heart feels. (Face the altar, and hold your arms upright with your legs apart. This is known as the "Goddess Position". If you are reading the "Charge of the Goddess", you may want to face the participants instead.)

(Charge of the Goddess)

Whenever ye have need of any thing, once in the month, and better it be when the moon is full, then shall ye assemble in some secret place and adore the spirit of Me, who is Queen of all the Wise.

There shall ye assemble, ye who are fain to learn all sorceries, but have not yet won it's deepest secrets; to these will I teach things that are yet unknown.

And ye shall be free from slavery; and as a sign that ye be really free, ye shall be naked in your rites.

And ye shall dance, sing, feast, make music and love, all in My praise.

For Mine is the ecstasy of the spirit, and Mine also is joy on earth; for My law is love unto all beings.

Keep pure your highest ideal; strive ever towards it; let none stop you or turn you aside.

For Mine is the secret door which opens upon the land of youth and Mine is the cup of wine of life, and the cauldron of Cerridwen, which is the Holy Grail of immortality.

I am the gracious Goddess, who gives the gift of joy unto the heart of man.

Upon earth, I give the knowledge of the spirit eternal; and beyond death, I give peace and fredom, and reunion with those who have gone before.

Nor do I demand sacrifice, for behold, I am the mother of all living, and My love is poured out upon the earth.

I who am the beauty of the green earth, and the white moon among the stars, and the mystery of the waters, and the desire of the hearts of man, I call unto thy soul.

Arise, and come unto Me.

For I am the soul of nature, who gives live to the universe.

From Me all things proceed, and unto Me all things must return.

Before My face, beloved of gods and men, let thine innermost divine self be enfolded in the rapture of the infinite.

Let My worship be within the heart that rejoices; for behold, all acts of love and pleasure are My rituals.

And therefore let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.

And thou who thinkest to seek Me, know thy seeking and yearning shall avail thee not unless thou knowest the mystery; that if that which thou seekest thou finds not within thee, then thou shalt never find it witout thee.

For behold, I have ben with thee from the beginning; and I am that which is attained at the end of all desire.

Blessed be!

(For the Lord's invocation, you will usually stand with your arms either folded across your chest, with the palms of each hand above the opposite breast, or with the arms bent, palms up, in front of you. This is known as the "God Position".)

(The Lord)

Behold! I am the He who is at the beginning and the end of time.

I am in the heat of the sun and the coolness of the breeze.

The spark of life is within me.

As is the darkness of death;

Fro I am the cause of existence.

And the Gatekeeper at the end of time.

Lord-dweller in the sea,

You hear the thunder of My hooves upon the shore

And see the fleck of foam as I pass by.

My strength is such that I might lift the world to touch the stars.

Yet, gentle ever, am I, as the Lover.

I am He whom all must face at the appointed hour.

Yet I am not to be feared, for I am Brother, Lover, Son.

Death is but the beginning of life

And I am He who turns the Key.

Blessed be!

After you invite them, light the Lord and Lady candles on the altar.

Now that the circle is cast, you are blessed, the elements and the Lord and Lady are all present, this is the time to do whatever working you have designated for this circle. Guided meditations are also wonderful when done in circle, and so are scrying and Tarot reading. This is also the perfect time to consecrate and charging tools, talismans or other objects, etc. Use chants to the raise energy and then release the energy to do the work, or charge the items. You are limited only by your own imagination - "An' it harm none, do what thou wilt!"

When you have accomplished what you wanted to do, then do a Cakes and Ale ceremony.

When all are properly grounded and have finished eating and drinking and all questions are answered and socializing is done, then it is time to begin closing the circle.

Firstly, you will thank the Lord and Lady for attending:

(Assume the Goddess Position)

Gentle Goddess, Great Mother, Sweet Sister,

We thank you for being with us, and within us,

For guiding our paths with Your wisdom,

And for tempering our lessons with Your love.

Know that you are ever loved by us also, as we worship You in the ancient ways.

We who are Your children, thank You for having blessed us tonight.

Blessed be!

(Assume the God Position)

Father of the wooded hillsides, Brother of the Forests, Son of the fields,

We thank you for being with us, and within us,

For the courage to walk the paths we have chosen,

And for the strength to learn the lessons we have chosen.

Know that you are ever loved by us also, as we worship You in the ancient ways.

We who are Your children, than You for having blessed us tonight.

Blessed be!

Next you will dismiss the Watchtowers:

East: Hail to Thee, Guardians of the Watchtowers of the East, the powers of water. We thank you for aiding our work tonight and for adding your energy to our rite. And as you depart to your mighty realms, we bid thee Hail and Farewell! Harm ye none on your way. So Mote It Be.

South: Hail to Thee, Guardians of the Watchtowers of the South, the powers of air. We thank you for aiding our work tonight and for adding your energy to our rite. And as you depart to your mighty realms, we bid thee Hail and Farewell! Harm ye none on your way. So Mote It Be.

West: Hail to Thee, Guardians of the Watchtowers of the West, the powers of fire. We thank you for aiding our work tonight and for adding your energy to our rite. And as you depart to your mighty realms, we bid thee Hail and Farewell! Harm ye none on your way. So Mote It Be.

North: Hail to Thee, Guardians of the Watchtowers of the North, the powers of earth. We thank you for aiding our work tonight and for adding your energy to our rite. And as you depart to your mighty realms, we bid thee Hail and Farewell! Harm ye none on your way. So Mote It Be.

And now it is time to close, or take up, the circle.

And once that is done we say:

The Circle is open, but never broken.

Merry meet, merry part, and merry meet again.

(remember to pinch out your candles.)
Back to top Go down
http://cirrius-teachings.webs.com

Full Moon Ritual
Page 1 of 1