The Magick Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Magick Circle

This site contains discussions of Occult, Magick and Esoteric study, it includes but is not limited to: Magick, Spellcraft, Witchcraft, Alchemy, Paranormal, Shamanism, Metaphysics, ESP, Astral Projection, Astrology, Theosophy, New Age, Divination, Tarot,

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatter
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

An Outlook on Our Inner Western Way

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phoenix
Admin
Admin
Phoenix

An Outlook on Our Inner Western Way Empty
PostSubject: An Outlook on Our Inner Western Way   An Outlook on Our Inner Western Way I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 4:37 am

by William G. Gray

William G. Gray was one of the most prolific—and controversial—occultists writing today. Blending keen insight, modern psychological models and an overall sense of practicality, his books have torn away at the moldy veils of so-called occult secrets, laying out a no-nonsense foundation by which modern Western humanity may once again regain its precious magical soul. An Outlook on Our Inner Western Way is a unique book. This is no dusty, quaint grimoire—it is a sane and simple method of true attainment for those who seek communion with their higher selves.

Ever wonder why the Western Inner Tradition seems like such a muddle of magic, occult and other esoteric traditions? This can be very confusing for the initiate. William Gray clears the fog by explaining the beginnings of the western esoteric tradition and its development in comparison to the eastern way. He gives a nice sensible history of the western way from the beginnings of humanity to the present, and shows what "magic" means to the tradition. While this is not a manual of magical practice, he gives sound and clear advice to get the initiate started along the path. He explains the three streams of practice, the intellectual, mystical, and emotional, and how different people are better suited for one or the other. I think he does a good job of cutting through a lot of the nonsense associated with magic and gets to the core of what the practice is, and can be about. This book is well suited for those who have an intellectual thirst for knowledge and seek understanding of the western path. It helped me to understand and claim the western tradition for my own, and gave me a solid basis and starting point for magical practice.
Back to top Go down
http://metallica.com/

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Magick Circle :: Magick :: Magick/Occult Books-
Jump to: